1.25.2014

ALL ABOUT LENSES

Photography is one of those passions that has grown to epic proportions. Nowadays everyone seems to have a passion for photography–which is great… just be sure you have the knowledge and expertise as well.

I got my first SLR at 13, and shot film in college a little bit. I've had digital cameras since the 90's, but I am pretty clear to represent that I am a Graphic Designer who does photography (and not a photographer). "Real Photographers" often go to photo school, and assist or apprentice other pros for years before hanging their shingle out.

One thing that can help you on your way (whether it be hobby/sideline, or aspiring vocation) is the plethora of internet educational sites and resources. Its still no swap for true experience, but these resources can help you on your journey through photography. There are so many great resources to assist you: The Strobist, F-stoppers, Peta-Pixel, Creative Live, and Lynda.com are just some of my faves.

One of the issues I personally grapple with is lenses and lens quality, looking with an eye towards video as well. One of the basic "101" resources is this great video (see YOUTUBE video below). I think the production is superb, and it does a great job of communicating an overview of what you'll need.

Check it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment