1.14.2017

A REALLY good PODCAST!

A REALLY GOOD POSCAST [or two]!

I'm a visual communicator. I got edjuhmacated in the 1980's, when the nom-de-mode was graphic designer. I'll admit that graphic designer  has a certain 'cachet' about it that 'visual communicator' seems to lack.  It somehow implies a discipline that is more purely visual, with less dependency or regard for the mass-communicative (and also 'marketing' goal-based) properties of the field.

That being said, for my undergrad we had two solid years of fine-arts curriculum. So perhaps Graphic Designer is a more appropriate name for what I am. 

I was fortunate enough to attend college when they had a gaggle of Bauhaus instructors– one of my professors actually met Gropius, and another had been a product/disciple of the Black Mountain School. This for the price of a public university education!

So there is certainly a thread of the fine artist that runs through my soul.

You can imagine my joy when, on an afternoon car trip, I got to hear this podcast.
I highly encourage you to check it out.



and in the same vein…
I heard this podcast about the disagreeable relationship between Gropius (the Bauhaus founder) and the wife of Lazlo Moholy-Nagy.
I guess all your creative heroes die.
I learned the truth about Hitchcock a couple of years ago, and now Manet and Gropius join him in the realm of being "merely human." If someone finds some stuff on Hopper,  I will probably sink into a depression.


[link will take you to the article page, click in the "play" triangle in the upper lefthand part of the photo for  the podcast.]



2 comments:

  1. เกม Gameslot-789 พีจีสล็อต เว็บตรง จะเป็นเว็บไหนไปไม่ได้นอกจากเว็บ PG game slot เพราะมีระบบทางด้านการเงินที่มั่นคงและการทำธุรกรรมที่รวดเร็วกว่าใครๆ

    ReplyDelete
  2. slot joker เปิดให้บริการเกม พีจีสล็อต มากไม่น้อยเลยทีเดียว นานัปการแบบอย่าง ยิ่งกว่านั้นยังมี ยิงปลา รวมทั้ง บิงโก อีกด้วย สล็อตออนไลน์เปิดให้บริการมากยิ่งกว่า 250 เกม

    ReplyDelete