9.11.2010

TROUBLE SLEEPING...

I know this hits everyone at some point or another. I have heard from both instructors and students with crazy schedules that wreak havoc on your circadian rhythm cycles.
And there are always folks ready to offer you a range of non-prescription solutions: warm milk, herbal tea, reading, prayer/reflection/meditation.
There are also over-the-counter medications (benadryl and actifed are two otc tabs I've heard being used for occasional insomnia). And of course, there will be a few who actually recommend a shot or two (sometimes more) of alcohol before bed  [I strongly urge you to avoid this for a huge list of reasons that I can't get into here].
I was perusing the old net when I came upon a site called "Sleeping Tricks." While I can guarantee none as working for you, it wouldn't hurt to take a crack at some of them.
http://www.sleepingtricks.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment